Data Entry and Management Assistant
Location : Ramallah, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES
Application Deadline : 02-Dec-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : Arabic English
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Data gathering and entry support.
• Compiles, processes data sets received in different formats from a variety of sources.
• Updates statistical series in established formats.
• Prepares spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs and other outputs for reporting and presentation of various data.
• Updates and maintains relevant computerized databases.
• Gathers data, testimonies, and success stories from final beneficiaries.
• Prepares data sets upon request, responds to queries/requests and maintains/updates web pages.
• Manage data entry of SAWSYA’s projects to the Monitoring and Evaluation system and maintains regular liaison with project focal points.
2. Management support.
• Supporting the engagement with civil society partner organisations.
• Supporting the team with paper and electronic archiving.
• Supporting the team in preparing for workshops, meetings and filed visit.
• Participates in reviewing reports.
• Support other/ad hoc activities as seen relevant and needed.
• Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
• Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
• Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
• Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
• Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
• currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
• have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: public administration, economics, social science or equivalent.
• Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
• Knowledge of standard software applications; and analytical software (e.g. STATA, SPSS).
• Arabic and English are required;
• Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
• UNDP will not pay interns for internship but will provide a stipend in the amount of NIS 2,217.77 monthly in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP internship policy; all other expenses connected with it will be borne by me or my sponsoring Government or institution;
• UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
• Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
• Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
• Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
• Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
• Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
• Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation, etc.