Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is a registered independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is partnering with The German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) within the Civil Society Program (CSP) which aims to improve the capacity of Civil Society Organizations in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Within the framework of this partnership, WAC is seeking to hire a competent and highly qualified Communication Coordinator to work in its office in Gaza. Communication Coordinator will report directly to WAC Director.
Position Title: Communication Coordinator – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is considered one of the key supportive positions that will contribute to developing WAC’s performance and help WAC in fulfilling its strategic objectives.
- Contribute to formulating social media and communication strategy.
- Contribute to establishing a unified brand and visual identity for WAC on social media platforms to monitor emerging women’s rights violations in Palestine and share them with international stakeholders.
- Contribute to disseminating WAC’s publications, events and activities and undertake publish and display information on social media platforms in both Arabic and English languages to increase visibility of WAC.
- Carry out the dissemination of information from researches and documentation to advance the international and national debate about women’s rights in Gaza, the causes and consequences of the violations of women’s rights, and public awareness and mobilization undertaken via social media.
- Contribute to documenting challenges and success stories of women in different walks of life in both languages.
- Maintain and strengthen alliance building and lobbying to continue the cooperation with international and regional partner NGOs and Palestinian NGOs in Palestine to jointly influence international discussions and policy processes on how to promote the rights of the Palestinian women via Networking with International Women and Human Rights Organizations.
- Contribute to forming strong relations and networks among local and international journalists, organizations, and women's advocates and checking other pages related to issues targeted by WAC; especially decision makers and responsible persons' accounts.
- Translate WAC's publications into English.
- Submit periodic reports on accounts progress.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the role and level of the position.
- Bachelor Degree in Public Relations or any other related field
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of work
- Detailed knowledge of ethical issues related to gender equality, leave no one behind and do no harm principles.
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports
- Strong inter-personal, communication, leadership skills, planning, and organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team
- Strong Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and the Internet
To apply fill the application (click here) AND send a cover letter in English demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the post along with your CV, which should include three references to: email@example.com.
Please indicate in the email subject: Communication Coordinator Position.
Closing date for applications is: 29/07/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.