Job Vacancy - Part-time Accountant
Station J aims at making economic, social and sustainable impact through Palestinian innovation fueled by expertise, entrepreneurial talent, and new technology from across the globe. Our role is combining practices, tools, resources and environments to influence the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Jerusalem. We guide innovators and entrepreneurs from ideation stages, connect them to markets and investment opportunities. We help plug knowledge, expertise, and skills gaps, gain access to investment, and fill market niches to maximize the potential of the innovations and innovators we support.
To provide Palestinian youth with a robust and strong innovative platform for entrepreneurial growth that combines business, research, and academia, ensuring that the integration of the three is more efficient and has a higher impact on innovation (talent, technology, start-ups) than the three standing alone.
To become the leading engine for innovation and entrepreneurship in Jerusalem for empowering youth to advance economically and socially
Location: East Jerusalem
Type: Part-time job
Duration: 1 year extendable
- To participate in the day-to-day accounting tasks ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with Station J’s policies.
- To manage Station J’s bookkeeping & data entry daily activities by ensuring invoices are according to organizational policies, approved properly and supported by required documentation such as member contracts, freelance agreements, financial claims before are being recorded in the books.
- To keep up to date records of Station J’s resources and/or inventory.
- To manage Station J’s cash box by working with Station J’s team on payments of suppliers and/or bills of services and utilities; make sure that all payments are timely, accurate and recorded.
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly financial reports, annual reports, audited accounts and budgets.
- To track and manage Station J’s financial activities using Excel/Google Sheets or other appropriate software that achieve proper monitoring and reporting.
- To contribute to analyzing and providing advice on the financial operations of Station J.
- To collaborate with Station J’s staff on all financial reporting requirements to different partners & donors.
- To undertake other responsibilities at the request of the line manager.
- To ensure budgeting, financial planning and reporting in coordination with related parties involved.
- To review, assess partners’ mid-term and annual financial and audit reports and carry out necessary follow-ups.
- To release partner payments as stipulated in partners agreements.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in accounting at Non-Governmental Organizations and/or Donor organizations.
- Knowledge of Israeli accounting system is a big plus.
Skills and abilities
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organization, and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to deal diplomatically and flexibly with a range of different people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic, Hebrew is a plus
For those who are interested, You are kindly requested to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28-11-2020 16:00