WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Functional Title: Programme Driver
Classified Grade: G2
Duty Station: Gaza
The Programme Driver works under the direct supervision and technical guidance of a Senior Driver, Operations Manager, Fleet/Logistics Assistant or Administrative Officer. The incumbent operates with a degree of operational independence in carrying out assignments and supervision focuses on providing instruction, guidance and advice on the technical and procedural aspects of the work. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to established schedule; fulfilment of assignments is checked regularly.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives Programme and Technical staff to and from field locations.
- Drives all type of vehicles, ranging from limousines, light and heavy duty vehicles, armoured vehicles and trucks or similar.
- Drives in convoys, respecting proper procedures, rules and instructions related to convoy handling.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tires, etc.
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, ensures the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Maintains all the required documents/supplies up to date, including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Renders services in a timely and accurate manner and maintains the vehicle in a proper condition.
- Follows the steps required by WHO rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- When necessary, translates in local language for official personnel using the vehicle.
WORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
The Driver liaises with the technical and programmatic personnel in the vehicle as well as staff performing maintenance services on the vehicle. Typical conversations involve the exchange of straightforward fact oriented messages and routine correspondence on security issues as well as basic translations.
IMPACT OF FUNCTIONS
The Driver is expected to provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, and tact. The functions contribute to ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving licence for light and heavy duty vehicles and /or chauffeur free of driving violations
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 2 years of professional experience in driving Vehicles.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different type of vehicles.
- Good knowledge and topography of country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations in addition to chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of security issues.
- Must have several years of work experience as a driver preferably n an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
The incumbent is required to have a good knowledge of English and the local language (Arabic).
- Communicating in a credible and effective manner: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity.
- Fostering Integration and Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
Applications must be submitted by 28th Jan 2020 to Type of contract: LICA- UNOPS Duration: one year with a possibility of extension. Applications must be in English and include your CV. Only Palestinians are eligible to apply.
لعبئة طلب التقدم للوظيفة: مـــن هــــنا
WHO HAS A NON-SMOKING WORK ENVIRONMENT